Saturday, August 9, 2008

A tribute to Gottfried


This is Gottfried's third term with EAPPI. A minister by profession, you might expect his sense of justice to be strong. Yet, I am in awe of this man's lifelong determination to make changes for the better. In my head, I secretly refer to him as our freedom fighter.

His enthusiastic commitment is visible to total strangers too, something I witnessed first hand when we did a presentation together for YMCA in Beit Sahour, outside Bethlehem. I am telling you, the man was on fire! Afterwards a Palestinian in the audience just walked up to him and hugged him. I think that says it all.

We've striked up quite a lovely relationship, Gottfried and I. Despite my lack of knowledge on theological matters, we've spent many hours talking about everything and nothing. So, here's to Gottfried! Er ist ganz wunderbar!

No comments: