Saturday, June 28, 2008

Beach time

Getting sunburnt in Haifa

Apparently, the colour of my feet is getting close to black. It is not that odd though, because in addition to my face and hands, it is the only place upon which the sun can always shine. Living in the West Bank equals long sleeves and trousers, even when it's scorching hot.

But I've been spending some time on the beach. A few days in Jaffa with a couple of my team mates in May, and now some days in Haifa during Israeli Exposure Week. Unfortunately, there is a jellyfish invasion at the moment which has made it impossible to swim in the sea. Rumour has it they are Egyptian...

Jean-Marie - film noir cool

I must admit though, the best thing about days off is that I can rip off my West Bank clothes and wear haram outfits all day long... Gotta love it!

Drinking hot (!) sangria in Jaffa


1 comment:

Guillaume Fardel said...

Haram!! How can you drink wine and wear such clothes... Go back to work. Now. It would not be like this with me in Tulkarem. Miss you.