Saturday, July 26, 2008

Last night with my team

Beautiful Mohannad

My teammates are all leaving whilst I'm going to Yanoun. So yesterday, the two Swedes (who actually get a salary) took the two unpaid EAs out for dinner at a very nice (though not very serviceable) restaurant in West-Jerusalem. Jean-Marie and I ate all that we could muster, knowing that the bill would be taken care of by "söta bror och söster".

Unfortunately, Katarina was feeling a little ill and left us early. But is-shabbab and I continued to a bar to have some drinks. As the night wore on, the boys became more and more intent on singing "the Hooky Kooky" - a song/dance routine very similar to "Fugledansen". I'm sure they've left a lasting impression with the female bartenders.

Anyhow, I must say I've been beyond lucky with my team mates. My heart ('if I have one at all' - statement from another former team mate...) swells with happiness by the mere thought of the sensitive and clever Mohannad, the warm and funny John-Jamal, and the kind and vivacious Katarina. Thank you! Bahebbkum, kull!


Flanked by lovely Katarina and handsome John-Jamal

No comments: